
Last night we went to out friends house for Game Night. I planned on taking some pictures, but totally spaced it... of course. We played Balderdash, which I never played before, but still managed to win the 2nd game. (I think I would have won the 1st game too, but I hadn't caught on to all the little tricks yet). As we left Will said he would never play that game with me again, which is a typical response after we play a board game. I fessed up that it was probably a little unfair because the premise of the game is that a topic/word is given (name, random word that no one has ever heard of, initials, or movie titles, or crazy laws) then everyone writes down a possible answer to try to fool everyone, because the real answer is mixed in with the fake ones. Afterwards people vote on which answer they think is right, and you get to move based on a few things, but one of them is how many people thought your answer was the real answer. The reason that I say it was probably somewhat unfair is that I do that for a living, writing multiple choice tests and quizzes as a teacher. I know all the right phrasing to make anything sound like the real answer! Before the end of the game everyone was just trying to figure out which answer was mine, so funny! Of course the boys were throwing in some hilarious off the wall answers that made me laugh until I cried. We're hosting next week, should be fun. Any game suggestions are welcome. Right now I'm thinking Catch Phrase, maybe Taboo.



No comments:
Post a Comment