
I'm usually not a paranoid person, and I certainly understand the risk that H1N1 poses to pregnant women. Not only are we more susceptible because of our compromised immunity, we're likely to become sicker than others if we do contract the virus.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, pregnant women are four times as likely as the general population to be hospitalized for the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus. And 6 percent of confirmed deaths due to the flu strain have been in pregnant women, even though pregnant women represent only 1 percent of the population.
So what’s the problem, just go get the vaccine right? I’m not worried about me, I can take being sick if it protects the baby, however one of the ingredients in the Swine Flu and most all vaccines is Mercury; more specifically Thimerosal which serves as a preservative. It has already been determined that Mercury and many of its forms can cause Autism and other neurological disorders just as the flu itself does. This vaccine is still being tested, and they want to do it on pregnant women! I can’t take an aspirin, or drink a cup of tea, but hey let’s try out a vaccine on you and your unborn baby! This is just a fun tidbit, when I asked the nurse at the obgyn if my doctor was recommending it she had to check because “It had been changing everyday”
I would like to know what you all think about this, do you think the risks outweigh the risks?



3 comments:
That is weird you posted this today because I just got off the phone with my sister and she is in nursing school and she said they are learning about the swine flu shot right now and there is an ingredient in it that has been linked to causing MS in children, and other things. She cancelled her kids app. tell she finds out more about it. I personally wont get the shot and I'm not going to give it to my kids cause its just doesnt seem to healthy to give them a flu shot every year. I do immunize but I think there are some that are not needed, like the flu shot, I would think twice if my kids had a weak immune system. Thats good your being cautious, I will ask my sister about pregnant women and the shot and see if she can find out anymore about it. Good luck!
I thought I saw on the news there is a form of the H1N1 shot that doesn't have the mercury in it. They recommended if someone is concerned to request the other type. Good luck.
Mandi: This is Julie Gillman. How the crap are you? Congratulation on the up coming baby. Maybe I can shed some light on the vaccination issue. The H1N1 vaccination does not have mercury in it. I give flu shot and I will be giving the H1N1 shot when they become available to the general public. As far as vaccination/Autism give me a call I will clear the air for you. 208-244-2091 or I can email the studies that have been done. To make a long story short there is not a link between the two, although some people would like you to believe that. GOOGLE: vaccination guidelines/pregnancy. Good luck with that it is very hard to know what to do!!
Post a Comment