Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Seriously People

I wanted to let everyone in on a day in the life of a teacher. I spent somewhere around 4 hours today grading over 100 narrative essays, over 100 response to literature essays and over 100 final novel assessments today. Then, since I was entering them into my online gradebook which parents have 24 hour access to, I decided to check my work email from home (big mistake, I never do that!) And, what do I find, but an email from a parent requesting to know why it is that they know their son does all his work because they do it with him, but I don't enter it. It seems that the boy has told them that I don't give him credit because I don't like him.

So here's where my request comes in to any parent reading this. Never believe a ten year old boy over an educated adult. Seriously, do they think we became teachers because we hate kids and just wanted a way to make their lives miserable? Besides that, since when does no one know the saying "You can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar"? You have no idea have many rude parents email me demanding that I correct my gradebook to show the work that their child has "turned in", (like they were there to witness it)only to find after I request that they come and "visit" with me that the child never turned it in in the first place, which their child always confesses.
Grrrrrrrr! Thanks for letting me vent! I'll be okay again tomorrow :)


3 comments:

Shaffers said...

Ok, if you want to grade less papers, assign less homework!! ;o) Always make the kids do oral presentations and grade them on that, then skim through the stuff they turn in. :o) Multiple choice tests are nice to grade. I was one of those students that could turn my mother against the teacher, that is one of many reasons I had no desire to teach! God Bless you all!! :o)

Will and Mandi said...

Brandi, Brandi, Brandi. At some point children need to learn how to write. Otherwise how would they bust out A+ papers at 2 am when they get to college?

Even you would not have stood a chance against my sweet as pie emails and conferences with parents regarding their work and behavior. They always see it my way in the end.

Unknown said...

YIKES!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

...

baby development

...

baby