Friday, April 16, 2010

Sisters By Chance, Friends By Choice

I took my sister to the airport this morning, what a sad day. We had such a great time while she was here. At least I did, I put her to work the entire time (just like all Liam's guests!) Liam knew instantly that she was his aunt, he was so comfortable in her arms. We joked that he was probably a little confused at times though because our voices are so similiar that he might have thought I was holding him until he opened his eyes. Having a baby makes having a sister 100x more valuable (that's a lot, because I valued her a ton before). Sisters have endless amounts of knowledge to share. For instance Nicki told me that one thing she did was put the clean diaper under the dirty one before you take it off so that when you do you can immediately cover up if you need to. I haven't been peed on since!

This is Liam saying "I am hungry! Please feed me!" If it were a video you would here him snorting :)
We did manage to take one walk. Rocco was very appreciative of that!
So... all that talk of me being crafty, and what do I do? I wait until my sister comes and have her make the letters for Liam's room. She did such an excellent job, much better than I could have done. Not only did she design the letters, she stained the shelf, and mounted it too! Then she stained the frames, and measured the strings so they would hang perfectly even. I am going to put pictures of all of Liam's grandparents in the frames. Kinda like a little family tree. I love, love love it!


Nicki, you're the best, thank you for everything you did while you were here. The cooking was delicious, the help with Liam was invaluable, and the time spent with you was precious. It's terrible being so far away from you, but it probably makes me value you more than if I did get to see you all the time. Love you!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

...

baby development

...

baby