Sunday, March 11, 2012

Liam David is Two!

My Dearest Liam,

Two days ago you turned two, and all anybody can talk about is what a big boy you are becoming. It is like you went from baby to boy overnight. Your personality lights up my world, and I love to see the spark that you have inside of you grow. You tease your daddy incessantly, as does he you. You have a lot of him in you, like the way you kick your foot to fall asleep, and also how well you can tune a person out when you are focused. I see you starting to look more like a Ross, and less like a Hunsaker. Your eyes are changing from blue to hazel like your Grandpa Bill's, or maybe green like Grandma Kris, but I'm not sure that they aren't going to end up brown like your dad and Grandma Ruth's. You definitely have your Grandpa Dave's love of the outdoors and animals, but what's more is that you share his talent for being able to eat a sandwich in 4 bites or less. While I see so many people in you, I also see an individuality that makes me proud. You are cautious yet adventurous, sweet and devilish, tender and boisterous, silly and smart. You are "Liam".

As I rocked you before your nap today, you were jabbering on about Rocco and Lucy and the all your new toys that you got for your birthday and I started to think about the impending arrival of your baby brother. For a moment I felt a little sad for you and I, because I know that it means that the amount of time I spend giving you 100% of my attention and energy is coming to an end. I'm guessing that you won't want to be rocked to sleep for too much longer anyways, but I promise that as long you'll let me, I will. The moments that you and I have spent rocking in that chair have put enough love in my heart to last a life time.

Happy Birthday Liam!
All My Love,
Mom

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

...

baby development

...

baby