Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Liam at 18 Months


Liam was a year and half this month, hard to believe. I swear he does something new everyday! My personal favorites are the animal sounds and choo choo! He will now sit and read endless amounts of books anytime of the day whereas before it was only acceptable to sit still that long at bed time with a bottle to preoccupy him. His favorites books are "Guess Who" and his Grandma flip book that ends in a big Grandma kiss. He picked up on that and gives a big kiss at the end too. He loves to be quizzed on the pictures of the books, like "Where's the kitty, or bird, or baby..." He can point out so many of the pictures! He loves dancing to music, "jumping" and being chased/chasing the doggies. He likes to "color" and is getting into puzzles, or should I say he likes to do the snapping into place and breaking apart.
My least favorite things that Liam is doing these days is climbing up onto the bar stools, and if he's not stopped, up onto the counter. Also opening the front door to go visit his friends across the street can be an issue :) Another least favorite that is actually a good thing is that Liam does not want to be rocked to sleep or sang to any longer. As soon as we walk into his room at night he points and leans toward his crib. Once I lay him down he tosses and turns for about 10 seconds on his pillow and then falls asleep. It is great, and I am really happy that I have a good night time baby, but there are nights I just want to snuggle him close and sing to him and he wants none of it!
At his doctor appointment he weighed 26 pounds and was 34 inches tall, both somewhere in the 90's percentile wise. He had his first reaction to his shots, but he still didn't cry when they stuck him with the needle. Nothing major, just a low grade fever, but the rash around the injection sight was pretty bad. Luckily the fever never went above 100 and the rash went away in a couple days, the information from the doctor said that their reaction does get progressively worse, so I guess it was to be expected since it was his third round on that particular vaccine. If you are bored to tears at this point, I apologize, but this is my only way of documenting anything for future reference, so deal with it ;)
He has a ton of teeth, we are up to 12 and working on two more. He drinks out of regular cups now, sometimes even coffee cups with mom and dad on the weekends. He is getting pretty darn good with his spoon and fork. Most of the time he sits at the table with us forgoing his highchair if anyone else is eating. His new favorite show is Sesame Street, and if I put on Mickey Mouse he shakes his head and hands me the remote. I guess that's for babies...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy your back and blogging!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

...

baby development

...

baby