Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've Been RIF'ed

I have known for months that I could be laid off at the end of this year. But today I was officially given my "Reduction in Force" notification, also known as being Pink Slipped. My district issued over one-hundred of them today. Teachers hired as far back as 2004 are receiving them. This comes after receiving recommendation for tenure from my principal less than a week ago. It's really complicated, and I won't bore you with the details. The worst part of it is I probably won't know if I will have a job next year until some time this summer. The moral of this story is that if you are teacher stay far,far away from California!

4 comments:

Tiffany Larsen said...

That is a bummer, what will you do tell you get a new teaching job,Well sorry to hear that. Tiff

Will and Mandi said...

Thank you. I'm not sure yet what I will do, maybe back to subbing ):

Will+Krys said...

That's how finance is right now......no one is buying cars So no one is working they took away all our base pay commission only so pretty much we were all starving to death. Our economy is so scary.

Will and Mandi said...

Yea, it really is scary. I can't imagine worrying about keeping food on the table for kids. Hopefully things will turn around relatively soon. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

...

baby development

...

baby