Monday, July 1, 2013

Dearest Reed


You are such a blessing to us and we treasure your spunk and spirit. You are only one, but your father and I already know that you are destined for great things because of your tenacity (and killer smile). I want to tell you a few things before you go and grow up on us.  I fear the day when you are a teenager who "hates" us for not letting you do what you want to do, when you think we are basically only around to ruin your life, and make you be who we want you to be.  I can only hope that through your adolescent years when you are finding yourself, and who you want to be, you know that we are always going to love you, NO MATTER WHAT.  Of course we have very lofty hopes for you, doctor, lawyer, CEO, but you are the only one who will choose what you want to make of your life. So, while you are still a baby, I am going to put it out there, I want you to do what makes you happy,and if you find that, I will be happy.  Maybe you've figured this out by now, but I can be a little controlling, so when you're at your wits end with me please remember that your happiness is all that matters to us, and we as your parents can only hope that we give you the opportunity to find what it is that you love in this life. That's our job, to keep you alive until you find your way.  I can't wait to see the man that you grow into! Will you create and fix things, and love the outdoors and animals like your Grandpa Dave? Or maybe you'll be a businessman,with people skills that could take you to the moon and back like your Grandpa Bill.  You are certainly going to have a great big giving heart like all of your Grandmas.  And, of course that smile that could get you anywhere,and out of any trouble that you may or may not find yourself in, just like your Daddy. You will also have a great big group of people behind you, just in case you climb all the way up to the very tip top of a mountain, only to fall back down.  May you always have a soft place to land, so that you can brush yourself off and try again. We're proud of you (in advance).

All Our Love,



Mom & Dad

 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

...

baby development

...

baby